Disclaimer: The exchange service is operated by our partner Wyre. If you encounter any transaction related issues, please reach out to Wyre.
As part of this goal, we are proud to announce that US investors can now swap their digital assets thanks to our new partner: Wyre.
Unlocking the Web3 galaxy for US investors.
Our US users can now easily set up their “swap” operations on the Ledger Live app. To put it simply, swapping crypto means to trade one crypto for another. It’s similar to doing a currency conversion, except that it is between crypto with no fiat currencies involved.
For US users, the exchange process is simple: select two coins, decide the amount you want to trade, choose a partner service and select your adapted exchange rate.
Our previous partnership with the DeFi app ParaSwap made it possible to safely swap Ethereum tokens directly within Ledger Live. Now, thanks to our new partner Wyre, all US states (except New York for regulatory purposes) support the swap feature for Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Chainlink (LINK), USD Tether (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC)
The US joins our continuously growing list of countries having access to the “swap” feature in the Ledger Live app. For Ledger, adding this new functionality is a key milestone.
Why swap your digital assets through Ledger?
Swapping crypto for another is a popular feature. It’s an efficient way to test new coins or tokens without fiat currencies. It also enables you to diversify your portfolio, protect your funds from volatility (by switching from a volatile asset to a stablecoin) and to make a profit by adopting the right trading strategy.
Why should you use the Ledger Live platform to swap your crypto?
- Security. Your private keys remain tightly secured within your Nano hardware wallet. They never leave the security of your hardware wallet, guaranteeing a hack-proof experience when exchanging your crypto.
- Ownership & freedom. By exchanging crypto with Ledger, you are in complete control of your crypto while making the swaps you want.
- Low fees. With floating rates, the exchange rate will depend on the market price at the time of the trade.
- Choice of assets. Swap 5 different coins with Wyre, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Chainlink (LINK), USD Tether (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC).
- All-in-one place. No need to leave the safety of the Ledger ecosystem to access your crypto services. You can access them through the Ledger Live app. Take a closer look at our Catalog (Ledger Live “Discovery” section) where you’ll find our growing list of DApps.
At Ledger, our objective is to become your secure gateway to all your crypto needs. With this in mind, our new swap functionality is another step towards your financial freedom under the safest umbrella there is: your Ledger hardware wallet.
More about Wyre:
Wyre is a developer of a blockchain-based payment platform. They provide diverse solutions enabling businesses to move money across borders from country-to-country. Wyre is a licensed and regulated MSB, whose security and transparency makes them a trusted partner to many companies. Wyre was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA.
*Disclaimer: Swap, lend, and other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party partners. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations on use of these third-party services.