Things to know:
– Solana, a leading protocol in terms of market cap, efficiency and community, has just joined Ledger Live*, your all-in-one digital Asset Management app.
– You can now securely buy, send and receive Solana (SOL) through Ledger Live while keeping your private keys secure thanks to your Ledger Nano X and Nano S. You can also buy SOL coins with MoonPay, an app available in the Buy section of Ledger Live.
– Solana is considered to be one of the world’s most performant blockchains. It gives developers the confidence to build for the long term by delivering predictable scaling without compromising security or composability.
– Everyone is welcome to build on Ledger Live, bring their coins and make them accessible to wider communities.
A World-Leading Blockchain Within Your Reach
Solana is a Layer 1 blockchain protocol that has attracted a lot of attention thanks to its impressive speed (400ms blocktimes) and its burgeoning crypto ecosystem spanning DeFi, NFTs and Web3 projects.
At the time of writing, Solana is the 8th ranked crypto with a near $30 billion market cap. With 1.5 million followers on Twitter, this protocol boasts a very wide community of users and fans.
Click here to read our Ledger Academy article about this rising crypto star.
Manage & Secure your SOL Coins through your Ledger Live App
The Solana (SOL) app is now available in your Ledger Nano S & Nano X. You can secure your SOL coins with your hardware device and buy, send and receive them through Ledger Live. You can also buy SOL coins with MoonPay, an app available in the “Buy/Sell” section of Ledger Live.
Ledger Live is already trusted by more than 1.5 million monthly active users around the world. Managing SOL tokens through Ledger Live is easy. All you need to do is:
- Open your Ledger Live app.
- Navigate into the accounts tab in Ledger Live, create a Solana account.
- Verify and confirm the address to deposit your tokens.
It’s as simple as that. Your coins are now yours, tightly secured in your hardware wallet. For Fabrice Dautriat, Head of Platform at Ledger, “Solana is an impressive protocol in terms of technology and ecosystem. For Ledger users, it’s a unique opportunity to transact a world-leading coin while benefiting from Ledger’s security features.”
“We’re excited to see support for Solana added to Ledger Live,” said Dan Albert, executive director, Solana Foundation. “By making it easier to transact with a hardware wallet, more users can engage with Solana in a robust and secure way.”
Yes, you can build on Ledger Live!
This fact reflects something at the core of our DNA: to encourage internal and external developers to enrich our products. Our code is open-source and most applications on your Ledger devices were submitted by third-party developers.
We have already launched a Developer Portal, an enriched content to guide developers and blockchain teams. It contains step-by-step instructions, including development code, tools and sample code, making your coding projects for Ledger Live much easier.
*Disclaimer: Buy, Swap, lend, and other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party partners. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations on use of these third-party services.