Things to know:
– You can now access ETH liquid staking* with Stader Labs while benefiting from Ledger’s unparalleled security framework.
– Stader Labs is a liquid staking platform for earning liquid staking rewards across multiple chains, including Ethereum, Polygon, BNB, and more.
– Liquid Staking allows you to earn rewards from securing blockchains while using those funds in DeFi protocols and blockchain apps.
– To celebrate the launch, we enable you to boost by 25% your staking rewards for ETH for 60 days! Starting from November 6th, 2023 until January 6th, 2024. More info here.
Stader Labs is already available in your Ledger Live app’s Discover section for MATIC and BNB liquid staking, and we’re glad to extend this partnership to ETH liquid staking, which means you can now access ETH liquid staking with Stader Labs while benefiting from Ledger’s secure ecosystem.
Staking through Ledger brings multiple benefits.
- Highly Secure: Grow your assets while holding them within your Ledger device.
- Self-custody: Your private keys never leave the secure element within your Ledger device.
- All in one place: With our partners, you can buy, swap, and stake through Ledger Live. All your crypto needs in one app.
If you’re unsure which type of staking is right for you, look at our comprehensive guide.
What is Stader Labs?
Stader Labs is a liquid staking platform with ~150 Mn in assets staked and live across multiple chains, including Ethereum, Polygon, BNB, and more. Users can also access several DeFi opportunities while earning staking rewards. Stader’s ecosystem partners include Aave, Compound, Ledger, MetaMask, etc. The company’s goal is to bring 1 billion people to staking and DeFi by offering the best and most convenient way to earn staking rewards and participate in DeFi opportunities.
What is liquid staking?
Proof-of-stake blockchains require participants to lock up a certain amount of funds to act as collateral. This is known as crypto staking. However, with native staking, you can no longer use your funds for blockchain apps or services because coins are locked up to guarantee a blockchain validator acts with the network’s best interests in mind.
Another way to continue using these coins in the blockchain ecosystem without losing your stake is called ‘liquid staking.’ This system allows you to earn rewards from securing blockchains, and to receive liquid tokens in exchange that are just like any other blockchain token, which means you can trade and use into DeFi protocols and blockchain applications.
Learn more with the Ledger Academy.
Explore Web3 securely with Ledger
Through Ledger Live, over 1.5 million active users can buy, sell, swap, stake and lend digital assets, and explore the Internet of Value with ownership and security. With the Ledger Live app, you can also access an ever-expanding list of DApps in the Discover section, with your private keys automatically safeguarded on your Ledger device.
If you don’t have a Ledger device yet, check this article out to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison. You can also stay updated on our latest announcements and thought leadership publications through our blog.
*Buy, sell, swap, lend or any other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party service providers. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations to use any of these third-party services.