Things to know:
– You can now securely send and receive your OSMO coins with your Ledger Live app and stake them by using, among other choices, the ‘Ledger by Figment’ validator.
– Ledger by Figment supports Osmosis staking for the lowest possible commission fee: 5%.
– Osmosis is a proof-of-stake blockchain allowing users to create customized liquidity pools and AMMs, hence offering innovative DeFi functionalities in a cross-chain world.
– Osmosis has the ambition to become a DeFi hub in a future multi-chain world. The OSMO coin is the native rewards and governance token of the protocol.
Manage Your OSMO Coins, Securely
You can now easily send and receive OSMO coins with your Ledger Live app with your private keys tightly secured in your Ledger Nano S Plus or Nano X. There’s no need for an additional wallet. It’s fast, seamless and secure.
For more information on how to manage your OSMO coins with Ledger Live, visit our Help Center.
Stake Your OSMO Coins With Complete Confidence
While you can now manage your OSMO Coins through your Ledger Live app, we want to offer more.
On top of that, you can now stake your OSMO coins with the ‘Ledger by Figment’ validator, right from the convenience of your Ledger Live app and the security of your Ledger Nano.
Staking is often seen as complex. Our partnership with Figment answers this hurdle as it brings convenience, security and ownership at the heart of your experience.
There are different staking techniques.
On the one hand, custodial staking solutions enable passive income streams and competitive rewards. But the drawback is that you don’t own your private keys. Always remember: not your keys, not your coins.
On the other hand, staking through Ledger brings clear benefits:
- A validator you know and trust. No need to spend hours looking and comparing validators online. Ledger by Figment is your all-in-one staking solution.
- Security & ownership. By delegating to the ‘Ledger by Figment’ node, your coins are staked with the world’s most secure place for your digital assets. You will keep ownership of your OSMO coins at all times while leveraging state-of-the-art security when staking with the ‘Ledger by Figment’ validator.
- Slashing coverage. Figment’s infrastructure is covered against slashing risk giving you peace of mind. That means staking your funds with Figment and Ledger is safe, reliable and secure.
- Low commission fees. Osmosis staking with Ledger by Figment comes with the lowest possible commission fee: 5%.
Osmosis: A Cosmos-Based, Fully Customizable Automated Market Maker (AMM)
Osmosis allows developers to design, build and deploy their own customized AMMs and hence to offer their own DeFi functionalities in a cross-chain world.
Osmosis’ key value added is the customizability of its liquidity pools. While liquidity pools usually provide liquidity to a two-token pool with an equal ratio, Osmosis provides more sophisticated features with several tokens and unequal ratios. For instance, users can launch liquidity pools with unique parameters and build customized AMMs. For now, only a few parameters are customisable.
Osmosis’ vision is to build a cross-chain native DEX that connects to all Cosmos ecosystems and, later, non-IBC (“Inter Blockchain Communication”) chains like Ethereum. IBCs allows independent blockchains to communicate and currently include Cosmos, Crypto.org Chain and Terra.
The OSMO coin is the native rewards and governance token of the protocol, mainly used for governance and staking. The OSMO coin is a token that helps:
- To secure the network by delegating their OSMO to validators.
- To pay transaction fees on the Osmosis blockchain.
- To vote on governance proposals of the protocol.
Securely explore Web3 with Ledger
Your Web3 adventure is just beginning with us.
We will keep adding new services, coins, NFTs and DApps into your Ledger Live app while ensuring that your experience is secure and seamless.