Things to know:
– At Ledger, we are making NFTs first class citizens from Ledger Live* all the way down to your Nano hardware wallet. Like any Web3 asset, NFTs need to be protected. Ledger is the world’s most secure gateway to store, visualize, manage and enjoy full ownership of your NFTs.
– Polygon NFTs are now supported in Ledger Live. You can now visualize, send and receive your Polygon NFTs (in addition to Ethereum NFTs) with Ledger Live and from the security of your Ledger Nano.
– You can also hide Polygon NFT collections you don’t wish to see to keep your displayed NFT collections “clean” and away from spams.
– We will continue to integrate new blockchains into Ledger Live, allowing you to manage all your NFTs across different networks securely and from your all-in-one app, Ledger Live.
Manage your Polygon NFTs With Full Ownership & Security
You can now automatically display your Polygon NFTs through your Ledger Live “Account” section and seamlessly send them to another wallet (and receive them) with no blind-signing involved. Indeed, you are never 100% sure that what you see on your computer/smartphone screen is what you sign. In contrast, signing your transactions through your hardware wallet eliminates the risks since its offline feature makes it impenetrable to hackers and avoids blind signing.
To summarize, you can:
- Secure Polygon NFTs with your Ledger Nano (it was already possible) with full ownership of your private keys.
- Visualize your NFTs from your Polygon account in Ledger Live.
- Hide Polygon NFTs that have been (maliciously or inappropriately) sent to an account.
- Send/receive NFTs on Polygon with clear signing.
Visualizing your NFTs through the Ledger ecosystem also doesn’t require any third-party wallets or external marketplaces. Just display them in your Ledger Live app and enjoy a seamless and secure experience.
Here is a simple step by step guide:
- Step 1: Open your Ledger Live app and go into your “Accounts” section.
- Step 2: Choose the Polygon Account where you hold your NFTs and go to the NFT gallery view.
- Step 3: Click on an NFT to see details.
- Step 4: You can now send “clear signed” transactions. Paste the right MATIC address where you want to send your NFT.
- Step 5: Connect your device and verify the information before approving the transaction.
For Gaspard Broustine, NFT Project Manager at Ledger, “NFTs are all about digital ownership. And that’s what Ledger stands for, too. We are making your NFT experience as seamless as possible while ensuring full security. The integration of Polygon, one of the world’s most popular blockchain, is a real milestone. »
Polygon: a leading Ethereum-scaling solution
Polygon is a layer-2 protocol that sits on top of Ethereum’s main blockchain network. The website depicts Polygon as a protocol “for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks.”
In short, Polygon is a scaling solution for Ethereum with reduced transaction costs and improved speed. It aims at transforming Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain ecosystem. The MATIC token secures the system and enables a structured governance. To create new MATIC and secure the network, Polygon uses a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism.
In this regard, Polygon also is a highly interesting option for NFTs. This protocol has lower gas fees than Ethereum and more and more NFT projects are built on this network.
Click here to read our Ledger Academy article and learn more about Polygon.
Enjoy a seamless NFT experience with Ledger
Your journey with us into the ever-expanding world of NFTs is just beginning. We are currently working on supporting a wider variety of protocols in addition to Ethereum and Polygon.
We are also working on including world-leading NFT DApps in your Ledger Live “Discover” section. You will be able to use them while being automatically connected to your Ledger account and with your digital assets secured in your Ledger Nano S, Nano S Plus or Nano X.
Ledger is the world’s most secure platform to store, visualize, manage and enjoy full ownership of both your coins and NFTs. Your private keys are secured through your Nano hardware wallet, enabling a hack-proof experience. Combined with your Ledger Live app, it’s the safest and most convenient way to manage and secure your NFTs.
*Disclaimer: Buy, swap, lend, and other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party partners. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations on use of these third-party services.