Ledger Stax: Our Consumer Device Invented by Tony Fadell, Built by Ledger
Ledger Stax™ is our new, breakthrough consumer device. It is built on Ledger’s secure architecture and introduces a unique form designed for unprecedented accessibility and interactivity with the world of cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
Things to know:
– We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with Tony Fadell, builder of the iPod, to bring the next generation of hardware to life.
– Ledger Stax™ is our new, breakthrough consumer device. It is built on Ledger’s secure architecture and introduces a unique form designed for unprecedented accessibility and interactivity with the world of cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
– Tony Fadell is the inventor and mastermind behind Ledger Stax, designed by the LAYER studio, led by Benjamin Hubert.
– Ledger Stax will start shipping by the end of Q2 2023. You can preorder today on Ledger.com. In due course, it will also be available from select retailers such as Best Buy in the United States.
– Ledger Stax is also available On [ Ledger ] Market with something extra. For a limited time, eligible users can mint an Exclusive Ledger Stax NFT Bundle through [ L ] Market …., to get a Ledger Stax NFT, a free Magnet Shell – a protective case for your Ledger Stax, and an NFT to mint from the Art on Ledger Stax Collection – a random generative artwork from a notable digital artist.
Enter The Next Generation of Web3 Devices
Ledger has the world’s best security for crypto and NFTs. But we also needed a fresh look to revolutionize your Web3 experience. That’s why Tony Fadell, the iconic iPod and iPhone* co-creator, teamed up with us.
Ledger Stax makes your crypto journey infinitely more intuitive. It is a credit-card-sized device enabling you to manage over 500 digital assets, your NFT collections and to explore an ever-growing range of Web3 apps through the Ledger Live app, connecting it to your smartphone via Bluetooth®**.
Ledger Stax has a new E Ink®*** display, which covers the front and curves around the spine – you can view complete transaction details at a glance. E Ink is always viewable: your favorite NFTs art appears on the Ledger Stax screen, even when it is off. It also provides unmatched energy efficiency, so the battery can last for weeks or even months on one battery charge.
Ledger Stax has integrated magnets, making them easily stackable, particularly for those who own multiple devices. The curved E Ink spine shows what’s inside, like a book on a shelf.
“With the Ledger Nano™ series, we created the most successful digital asset security hardware wallet of all time – with more than 5 million sold and none ever hacked,” says Pascal Gauthier, CEO and Chairman of Ledger. “Digital assets are increasingly about identity and digital ownership, not just crypto like Bitcoin. The time is now for a device for more mainstream users. At the same time, we must not compromise on security. This is Ledger Stax—secure and accessible.”
Ledger Stax uses secure USB-C to connect to the comprehensive Ledger Live™ app on your laptop, and Bluetooth® to connect to the Ledger Live Mobile app on your smartphone. It will utilize Ledger Connect, our upcoming crypto wallet extension, to connect to Web3 apps from anywhere. Ledger Stax also supports wireless Qi charging.
“Digging into Ledger’s proven security technology and trying all the ‘best’ hardware wallets out there convinced me to build a next-gen device with Pascal, Ian and the amazing Ledger team,” says Tony Fadell, designer of Ledger Stax and Principal at Build Collective. “We need a user-friendly…no! A ‘user-delightful’ tool, to bring digital asset security to the rest of us, not just the geeks.”
The touch interface empowers Ledger’s exceptional developer community to build innovative Web3 applications that are more accessible, with uncompromising security.
“Tony Fadell has both the circuit board and the billboard in mind when he builds a product,” says Ian Rogers, Chief Experience Officer at Ledger. “With Ledger Stax we have made a device which is cool, beautiful, and fun. Together we have fused the uncompromising security and self-custody culture of Ledger, with the equally uncompromising user-experience-focused culture of Tony and his team. The result is the first true secure consumer hardware device for the revolution of value brought by blockchain technology.”
“Working with Ledger is an incredible opportunity to be part of shaping how the world interacts with their crypto assets,” says Benjamin Hubert – Founder, LAYER. “We strongly believe in a future of secure and private financial sovereignty where crypto becomes the norm.”
To learn more, watch our podcast here:
*iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
**The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Ledger is under license.
***E Ink is a registered trademark of E Ink Corporation.