Things to know:
– You’ve been waiting for it, and it’s finally here! Cardano just landed in your Ledger Live app. You can now easily and securely manage your ADA coins in Ledger Live and buy ADA in the “Buy” tab of your Ledger Live* desktop version. Mobile support is coming soon.
– With ADA’s much awaited integration, the top 10 ranked coins in terms of market cap are now all supported in your Ledger Live app.
– Cardano is a highly popular public proof-of-stake blockchain created in 2015 by Charles Hoskinson. At the time of writing, Cardano is the 7th largest one in the entire crypto market. Its project is to “redistribute power from unaccountable structures to the margins to individuals.”
– Ledger Live enables you to manage your digital assets from within the security of your Nano Hardware Wallet, which means you can manage your ADA coins through Ledger Live and secure them within your Ledger Nano X or Nano S Plus. Your digital assets are hack-proof, your Web3 experience seamless.
Cardano: a third-generation blockchain now in Ledger Live
Cardano was created in 2015 by Charles Hoskinson, one of the Ethereum co-founders who left the project in 2014. This protocol is a proof-of-stake public blockchain and one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies by market cap.
The platform says its goal is to allow “changemakers, innovators and visionaries” to bring about positive global change. It aims to “redistribute power from unaccountable structures to the margins to individuals.” This platform is often dubbed as an “Ethereum-killer” as it tries to improve this protocol by solving the scalability problems encountered by the network.
The ADA coin is the coin that powers the Cardano network. It was launched with an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) that generated more than $62 million. People use ADA coins to pay transaction fees. ADA holders are also entitled to have a say on project developments, to vote, debate, support and engage in the decision-making process.
A distinguishing feature of Cardano is its deep attachment to “technology realized through evidence-based science.” The project wants its key strategic steps and concepts to be validated by researchers, developers and scientists to ensure the project’s robustness. Cardano also boasts a vibrant community. The “ADA army” never stops promoting the alleged benefits of the protocol to the world.
You can read our Ledger Academy article to learn more about Cardano.
Manage your ADA coins in your Ledger Live app!
The process is (very) easy. You can buy, send and receive your ADA coins directly with your Ledger Live app simply by creating an ADA account. There’s no need for an additional wallet. It’s fast, seamless and secure.
- Create your ADA account on the app.
- Go to the “Buy” tab in Ledger Live and choose our partner MoonPay.
- Choose the amount you want to purchase and the payment method you want to use.
- And that’s it!
For more information on how to manage your ADA coins, visit our Customer Support page.
Developers can get in on the action, too
Ledger is open to external contributions from foundations and developers, and everyone is welcome to build on Ledger Live.
Check out our Developer Portal, an enriched content to guide developers and blockchain teams. It contains step-by-step instructions, including development code, tools and sample code, making your coding projects for Ledger Live much easier.
Live the full Web3 experience with Ledger
Your Web3 adventure is just beginning with us. We will keep adding coins, NFTs, DApps and services into your Ledger Live app while ensuring that your experience is the world’s most secure and seamless.
*Disclaimer: Buy, swap, lend, and other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party partners. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations on use of these third-party services.