Things to know:
– We’re glad to announce an on-ramp integration with PayPal, allowing users to explore crypto in a convenient, simple and secure way via the Ledger Live companion app.
– PayPal joins Ledger Live’s ‘Buy’ section as a new payment method and ‘Buy’ provider. Currently, the PayPal integration is available for U.S. users (subject to applicable state law).
Whether a crypto expert or a newcomer to the world of digital currencies, the PayPal and Ledger Live integration will provide a secure and user-friendly platform for buying crypto. When using PayPal through Ledger Live, Ledger users in the US (subject to applicable state law) will be able to directly buy BTC, ETH, BCH and LTC using their linked PayPal account. Users who have purchased crypto with a PayPal account can buy crypto in Ledger Live with no extra verification. Purchases through PayPal will be automatically sent to your Ledger hardware wallet similar to other Ledger Live options.
If you already bought crypto with PayPal, simply follow these steps to make a purchase using Ledger Live:
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the ‘Buy’ section.
- Select your currency and enter the amount you wish to purchase.
- Specify your country (currently limited to the U.S.).
- Choose PayPal as your preferred payment method.
- You will be redirected to the PayPal interface, where you can log in and confirm the transaction.
- Once the transaction is confirmed, your digital assets will be automatically sent to the secure environment of your Ledger device.
Please note that if you don’t have a PayPal account or if you have never bought crypto with PayPal before, you will be required to create a PayPal account or undergo a KYC verification. For more detailed instructions on how to buy crypto with PayPal through Ledger Live, please refer to our Help Center article.
“Both PayPal and Ledger are focused on creating secure, seamless, and fast transactions no matter where you are in the world. PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years, and we are thrilled to come together in this next period of asset innovation with our integration,” said Pascal Gauthier, Chairman & CEO of Ledger. “We’re combining the uncompromising security of Ledger with PayPal’s leadership in secure payments technology to help facilitate a secure and seamless platform for user crypto transactions. Ledger is committed to simplifying the world of crypto, and PayPal is committed to making the movement of money as simple, secure, and affordable as possible. This integration provides greater optionality while giving users peace of mind converting dollars into crypto.”
Explore the Internet of Value securely with Ledger
Ledger Live, with over 1.5 million active users, empowers you to buy, sell, swap, stake, and lend your digital assets and explore the Internet of Value with ownership and security. With the Ledger Live app, you can also access an ever-expanding list of DApps in the Discover section, with your private keys automatically safeguarded on your Ledger device.
If you don’t have a Ledger device yet, check this article to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison. You can also stay updated on our latest announcements and thought leadership publications through our blog.