Things to know:
– Coinbase Pay’s functionalities are now integrated into the Ledger Live app, allowing users to transfer their crypto and conduct transactions from their desktop or mobile device.
– This new feature is currently available in the US, UK, EU, Brazil, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
– If you don’t have a Ledger device yet, check this article out to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison.
We’re glad to announce that Coinbase Pay’s functionalities are now integrated into the Ledger Live app, allowing users to transfer their existing cryptocurrency holdings and conduct transactions directly from their desktop or mobile device.
This integration benefits Ledger users by facilitating direct receipt of crypto purchases from Coinbase on their Ledger device. It also enables users to retain their preferred payment methods in Coinbase including ACH, Visa, Mastercard and Maestro. This new feature is currently available in the US, UK, EU, Brazil, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
Previously, transferring crypto from Coinbase to Ledger Live was a cumbersome process that left users vulnerable to potential errors. The integration of Coinbase Pay into the buy section of Ledger Live simplifies the crypto purchase process, enabling users to make purchases through their Coinbase account at the same cost as Coinbase.com and withdrawing to your Ledger in just a few clicks.
Some of the key benefits from this integration include:
- Convenient: Buy crypto seamlessly with Coinbase Pay on Ledger Live, eliminating the need for off-platform transactions.
- Fast: Instant transactions without additional Know-Your-Customer (KYC) procedures if you already use Coinbase.
- Secure: Enhanced security with no risk of errors in fund withdrawal or wallet address copy-pasting.
- No additional fees: Purchase with Coinbase Pay on Ledger Live at the same price as on Coinbase.com.
How to buy crypto with Coinbase Pay
Using Coinbase Pay through Ledger Live is simple:
- Open the Ledger Live app.
- Tap the Transfer button and then tap Buy.
- Tap Compare providers.
- Select the crypto you want to buy and enter the amount.
- Select your country.
- Select ACH, Visa, Mastercard or Maestro as a payment method and tap Find eligible providers.
- Select Coinbase as a provider.
This collaboration represents a significant milestone in Ledger’s 2024 growth trajectory and aligns closely with Coinbase’s mission to empower the cryptoeconomy.
We’re at the genesis of a new cycle that’s beginning for crypto, propelled by the launch of ETFs in January, a number of which are using Coinbase, that will bring increased adoption and a new wave of users into the space. While they may begin their journey with traditional financial instruments, they will eventually move towards the true use case for crypto—self-custody. 8 in 11 crypto users are using Coinbase as their custodian, this figure exemplifies the levels of users who will be transitioning to self custody. Our deeper collaboration with Coinbase will allow users to seamlessly make this transition, taking advantage of the trading power Coinbase offers, while taking control of their assets.
“Coinbase and Ledger are two of the only companies in crypto for longer than ten years, and it’s already the case that we share both values and customers,” said Ian Rogers, Chief Experience Officer at Ledger. “Both Ledger and Coinbase are focused on making crypto easy-to-use and keeping consumers secure. Now Coinbase users can easily buy crypto right within Ledger Live, and Ledger users can easily buy with Coinbase. Ledger is proud to give this experience to Coinbase customers and option to Ledger users through this partnership.”
“At Coinbase, we’ve focused on building the most trusted, scaled, and reliable onramps and infrastructure for onchain builders that expand access to crypto and help drive an updated financial system. We’re delighted to collaborate with Ledger to allow users to more seamlessly purchase crypto with Coinbase Pay straight into their self-custody solution.” said Lauren Dowling, Head of Product, Coinbase Developer Payment Services.
If you don’t have a Ledger device yet, check this article out to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison. You can also stay updated on our latest announcements and thought leadership publications with our blog.