Things to know:
– We’re glad to announce that Internet Computer (ICP), a blockchain protocol that aims to decentralize the Internet, has just joined Ledger Live.
– You can now create an ICP account in Ledger Live and receive and send ICP tokens from your account.
– When managing your digital assets through Ledger Live, your tokens remain secure, with your private keys safely stored in your Ledger device.
– Zondax, a Swiss-based R&D blockchain company, performed Internet Computer (ICP) ‘s integration.
Internet Computer (ICP): A New Vision For Blockchain Technologies
Today’s Internet is centralized, relying on proprietary data centers owned by giant companies. The Internet Computer blockchain represents a new leap in blockchain design, offering an alternative to this centralized structure.
With its innovative approach, Internet Computer (ICP) seeks to establish the world’s first “World Computer,” empowering independent data centers across the globe to offer a decentralized alternative to centralized Internet cloud providers. Its technology aims at building almost any online/web service without the need for traditional IT infrastructure such as centralized cloud computing services. Using this tech stack, currently there is a vibrant ecosystem of DApps from social media, gaming, defi and more running 100% on-chain.
The native Bitcoin Integration on ICP is the unlocking of a new Bitcoin economy by enabling a plethora of native bitcoin smart contract use cases — all without the need for bridges. Use cases like DEXs offering BTC trading pairs, decentralized fundraisers accepting Bitcoin, or Web3 SocialFi services allowing satoshis to be sent via chat messages are live.
ICP is the Internet Computer network’s native utility token used for governance (holders can vote on the future of the network), reward network participants, and pay fees for transactions.
Learn more about the journey of the Internet Computer in this video.
Send And Receive ICP Tokens Through Ledger Live
The Internet Computer (ICP) account is already available on your Ledger Nano S Plus & Nano X, which means you can secure your ICP tokens with your hardware device. In addition, managing your ICP tokens through Ledger Live is easy:
- Open your Ledger Live app.
- Navigate into the accounts tab in Ledger Live and create an ICP account.
- Verify and confirm the address to send and receive your ICP tokens.
Explore the Internet of Value securely with Ledger
Ledger Live, with over 1.5 million active users, empowers you to buy, sell, swap, stake, and lend your digital assets and explore the Internet of Value with ownership and security. With the Ledger Live app, you can also access an ever-expanding list of DApps in the Discover section, with your private keys automatically safeguarded on your Ledger device.
If you don’t have a Ledger device yet, check this article to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison. You can also stay updated on our latest announcements and thought leadership publications with our blog.