We just concluded our first, bi-annual Web3 Developer event – Ledger Op3n – right in the beating heart of Paris, where we brought together world-class industry players from all chains and tokens. You can find the Ledger Op3n agenda here – we will be sharing the videos for those who missed the event soon. The talks cemented Ledger’s place as an open platform for developers (check out our Ledger Developer Portal right here) and the user experience necessary to grow mass adoption within crypto and Web3.
Today, people entering the Web3 space still face difficult flows, high security issues and complex user journeys. For tomorrow, we believe in two things: an industry where users can enjoy secure and smooth user flows and greater user experiences with higher security standards. This is the bridge we must achieve to help get us there.
Op3n was a landmark event for Ledger where key product announcements were made and the future of Web3 was debated and discussed.
Ledger is here to build great things, and to announce great things. Below is our list of key releases:
- SIGN UP NOW! The CL Debit Card, in partnership with Baanx and powered by Ledger, is coming! This new CL card will allow you to convert your crypto to fiat ONLY when you spend, to receive your paycheck in crypto, it allows you to securely spend your digital assets stored on your Ledger, … and so much more. If you want crypto to be fully part of your daily life, sign up now to be on the waiting list.
- FTX, one of the world’s leading crypto exchanges, will soon be integrated within Ledger Live! This partnership means FTX’s liquidity, leverage and trading options will be accessible through Ledger’s secure self-custody app, Ledger Live. With this integration, Ledger Live users in 150 countries will be able to trade across 300 digital assets, combined with low fees and the knowledge that they are completely in control of their funds.
- We are joining forces with Coinbase! Coinbase software wallet is adding Ledger support. The partnership will begin early 2022 and will enable users of the Coinbase wallet extension to self-custody their digital assets with Ledger hardware wallets. The Coinbase mobile app will also support Ledger hardware wallets in a later phase of the partnership.
- ?️ New Ledger hardware alert! The Ledger Nano S Plus (a Nano S on steroids) will be released early 2022. The Nano S Plus is an improved version of the world’s most famous hardware wallet, boasting a larger and higher-quality screen, more flash memory for loading, and many more plugins and apps to support a wide variety of coins and functions such as NFTs. The Nano S Plus will be equipped with the industry-leading security element: ST33K1M5C, which combined with Ledger’s operating system allows developers to load and test their applications directly onto the product.
- Goodbye blind signing! NFTs are coming soon to your Ledger Live app. You will be able to view, send, and receive NFTs beginning in December 2021 in an experimental mode, with transparent transactional signing, and full ownership of NFTs across multiple chains. We are starting with Ethereum, then quickly moving on to Polygon and other EVM chains. Ledger is also planning support for Tezos NFTs next year. Sounds exciting, right?
- That’s not all for NFTs. Rarible will soon be integrated and within your Ledger Live app! This leading NFT marketplace and protocol for creating, selling, and collecting digital items will soon be yours through Ledger Live. You will be able to connect their Ledger wallets to Rarible and manage their NFTs directly within Ledger Live, enjoying a seamless, transparent and secure NFT experience. Last but not least, we will also launch a dedicated “Discover” section for NFTs in January 2022.
We believe in a future that is decentralized, digitally secure, focused on self-custody and open to developers. To this end, we intend on building the world’s most secure and user-friendly platform for crypto and Web3.
Make sure to check out our Developer portal and build on our Ledger platform to bring more users into our world of crypto. It’s only the beginning.