NFTs Are Coming Soon to Ledger Live
Things to know:
– At Ledger, we believe that like any digital asset, NFTs have to be secure. We aim to become the world’s most secure platform to store, visualize, manage and enjoy full ownership of both your coins and NFTs.
– During Ledger Op3n – our Web3 Developer conference – we made a series of announcements. Users will be able to view, send, and receive NFTs beginning in December 2021 in an experimental mode, with transparent transactional signing and full ownership of NFTs. We’re very proud and excited about this update to Ledger Live*.
– We’re continuing to add NFT apps in your Ledger Live “Discover” section. You can already use Rainbow.me, an Ethereum wallet that displays your NFTs, and POAP, a proof of attendance protocol that enables you to keep reliable records of your life experiences and digital memories.–
– We’re thrilled to announce that as Ledger strengthens its position in the NFT space, we have integrated Rarible, a world-leading NFT marketplace, in Ledger Live. Rarible will be available in your Ledger Live “Discover” section, enabling you to use all of Rarible’s features starting in January 2022!
– As a result of this integration, users will be able to connect their Ledger wallets to Rarible and manage their NFTs directly within Ledger Live, enjoying a seamless, transparent and secure NFT experience.
Putting control & freedom at the center of your digital asset experience
During the Ledger Op3n Conference, we made a series of product announcements. Among them, you can now automatically display your Ethereum NFTs through your Ledger Live “Account” section and seamlessly send them to another wallet. This means that viewing your NFTs doesn’t require any third-party wallets or external marketplaces anymore. You can now easily display them in your Ledger Live app for a seamless and secure experience!
This feature is an experimental mode** in Ledger Live before being fully accessible in upcoming months. To access our list of experimental modes, just go into the settings of your Ledger Live app, then on the experimental feature tab and then switch to “NFT management features.”
Find a growing list of NFT apps in Ledger Live
We’re continuing to add NFT apps in your Ledger Live “Discover” section to enrich your experience. You can already use Rainbow.me, an Ethereum wallet that displays your NFTs through Ledger Live.
We also recently added POAP, a proof of attendance protocol enabling you to keep the digital records of your life experiences (because we know that digital life is just as important as in real-life in our web3 world). POAP is a new way of keeping a reliable record of your life experiences and digital memories. For event organizers, it’s a new tool to better engage with audiences. And for you, earning POAP collections may not only prove the places you’ve been, but also can enable you to earn bragging rights!
Click here to read our Ledger Academy article on POAP.
Your journey with us into the ever-expanding world of NFTs is just beginning. Rarible, a world-leading NFT marketplace, will soon be integrated into your Ledger Live “Discover” section, allowing you to use all of Rarible right from the same place, with your wallet automatically connected, no extension required and clear signing enabled. This makes Ledger the most secure place in the world to transact with NFTs. Stay tuned for what’s coming next!
In addition, the NFT DApps available in your Ledger Live “Discover” section are automatically connected to your Ledger account and secured in your Ledger Nano S or Nano X.
Ledger: your safest gateway to NFTs
NFTs are ushering a new digital world where artists and creators can break free from intermediaries to create work, connect with their community, and continue to iterate while maintaining financial autonomy in the growing marketplace. Boosted by the Metaverse, these digital instruments are becoming mainstream and it’s beyond doubt: we’re just starting to scratch the surface of their potential.
But like any digital assets, NFTs have to be safe. Ledger is the world’s most secure platform to store, visualize, manage and enjoy full ownership of both your coins and NFTs. With us, your private keys are secured through your Nano hardware wallet, enabling a hack-proof experience. Your digital assets are safeguarded by your Ledger Nano S or Nano X.
Combined with your Ledger Live app, it’s the safest and most convenient way to manage and secure your NFTs.
*Disclaimer: Buy, Swap, lend, and other crypto transaction services are provided by third-party partners. Ledger provides no advice or recommendations on use of these third-party services.
**These are experimental features we provide on an “as is” basis for our tech savvy community to test. They may change, break or be removed at any time. By enabling them, you agree to use them at your own risk.