EARN REWARDS* BY STAKING YOUR AVAX
Staking your AVAX allows you to passively earn rewards for helping to secure the network.
Through the Avalanche Wallet, and by pairing it with your Ledger hardware wallet, you can easily and securely delegate AVAX you want to stake.
You can freely choose a trustworthy validator to get competitive rewards, and you keep ownership of your AVAX coins.
WHY STAKING YOUR AVAX
Avalanche is a blockchain platform that supports decentralized apps and custom blockchain networks.
It aims to surpass Ethereum as the leading blockchain for smart contracts, boasting a high transaction output of up to 6,500 TPS without sacrificing scalability. This is achieved through Avalanche's innovative architecture which comprises of three separate blockchains: X-Chain, C-Chain and P-Chain, each serving a specific purpose, as opposed to the approach used by Bitcoin and Ethereum where all nodes validate all transactions.
Avalanche also employs diverse consensus mechanisms for each chain based on its intended use.
Maximise your AVAX assets
Don't let your assets gather dust. Put them to work and make them grow with Ledger.
Secure the Avalanche network
When you do AVAX staking, you make the Avalanche blockchain successful by securing the network and validating transactions.
AVAX STAKING IS BETTER WITH A WALLET APP THAT SUPPORT COLD STORAGE
Pairing your Ledger with a third-party wallet, allow you to grow your AVAX bag securely.
Keep full custody of your assets when you stake AVAX with Avalanche Wallet, unlike with crypto exchanges.
Freedom of choice
It's up to you to choose which validators you want to stake your AVAX too.
You can passively grow your assets by participating in the Avalanche network. By delegating your AVAX to a validator, you will receive rewards for helping to secure the network.
The current annual yield on Avalanche is around 8%.
You can stop staking your AVAX at any time but all Avalanche validators have a minimum lock-up period for staking, which is currently at least 14 days to unlock your assets.
Make sure you don’t need your AVAX in a hurry!
Estimate your rewards
HOW DOES LEDGER'S SOLUTION WORK?Get your device
A hardware walletthat offers the best security for your crypto and NFTs - your assets always remain safe.
An appto manage your crypto and access key services: buy, swap or grow your assets. Securely thanks to your hardware wallet.
5 STEPS TO START SECURELY STAKING AVAX
Buy a Ledger hardware wallet
Ledger hardware wallets are the smartest way to securely store your AVAX tokens.
Set up your device
Follow the setup steps.
Ledger is your gateway to securely and easily buy, manage, stake, and grow your assets. All in one app.
Create a Avalanche Wallet
- Visit the Avalanche Wallet website and select [Create New Wallet].
- Click [Generate Key Phrase] to generate a 24-word seed phrase, which serves as the key to your wallet.
- Write the 24-word key phrase in the exact order, then check the box. Proceed by clicking [Access Wallet].
- The system will ask you to confirm some words from the key phrase to verify proper backup. Enter the necessary words from the seed phrase and click [Verify].
- Your Avalanche Wallet is set up. Click [Access Wallet] to access your wallet.
Connect your Ledger Nano to your Avalanche Wallet
- Connect your Ledger device and set up the Avalanche app on Ledger. Check Avalanche Wallet documentation.
- Open the Avalanche app on your device.
- Go to the Avalanche Wallet page and select Ledger among the proposed wallets.
- The browser will display a selection box.
- Select your device and click Connect. A prompt will appear to confirm the public keys on the Ledger.
- Click the right button through the prompts on the device and on the last screen confirm by pressing both buttons. This will need to be confirmed twice because different keys are used for different chains.
Start AVAX staking
Now that you have a Avalanche wallet secured by your Ledger with AVAX tokens in it, you should simply go to the Delegation List, pick a stake pool, and confirm delegation with your hardware wallet.
Other crypto to stake with Ledger
Want to learn more about staking?
We answer all the basic questions you might have in our Ledger academy: What is staking? What’s
between Proof-of-Stake and Proof-of-Work? What is a validator?
You can also take a look at our School of Block series on Youtube to learn how to get started in staking and make your money work for you.